WHAT WE DO FOR CLIENTS
We love helping companies buy cloud-based phone systems. We do the programming, installation, training and ongoing support. No more self-help websites or sitting on-hold with tech support.
Selecting an internet provider is easy when you let NIC do it for you. We represent all the major providers, so there is no need to go searching.
Moving from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based phone system is a project and should be managed like one. You can count on NIC to get the job done right the first time.
TOP TEN TIPS IN NEGOTIATING SERVICE
1. Define the scope, specifications, and service levels. Clearly identify the services that the service provider will provide and any specific deliverables or end results, as well as any interim or final timetable or delivery schedule.
2. Have a clear and workable acceptance mechanism. There should be a clear mechanism for addressing how deliverables will be tested and accepted.
3. Be clear about payment. Clearly set out the invoicing and payment terms.
4. Understand what happens if the agreement is terminated for cause. This applies to both parties.
5. Keep an eye on the clock. A missed deadline can have important consequences.
6. Clarify who can terminate, for what, and what happens on termination. Both parties should be able to terminate for a material breach that is not cured within a specified period (usually 30 days).
7. Limit representations and warranties. Carefully review any representations and warranties requested by the customer to make sure the service provider can provide each one.
8. Consider liability issues carefully. One of a contract’s most important functions is to allocate risk and liability between the parties.
9. Protect the business. Intellectual property, confidential information, personnel and business relationships are important parts of a business, and the service provider should protect them all.
10. Mind the boilerplate. Standard legal provisions (i.e., the “boilerplate”) are important but are sometimes overlooked.